12th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards Winner: Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play and Computer Game of the Year Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the co-operative gameplay of L4D casts four 'Survivors' in an epic struggle against hordes of swarming zombies and terrifying 'Boss Infected' mutants. The Survivor Co-op Game Mode is played out across four sprawling campaigns, set in urban and rural environments. Each campaign has an over-riding team objective, and is comprised of five large maps. The campaigns link together to tell the story of the Survivor's escape to safety. The team of four Survivors may be comprised of 1 to 4 human players, allowing for single player and multiplayer co-op games.
New technology dubbed the 'AI Director', is used to procedurally generate a unique experience each time the game is played. Just as in Hollywood films, the Director calls for new monsters, sounds and action as it tailors the game play experience based upon the team's performance.Features:
- Addictive co-op action game play from the makers of Counter-Strike and Half-Life.
- Advanced artificial intelligence drives both friendly and un friendly creatures to dynamically create intense single-player, co-op, and multiplayer experiences every time the game is played.
- 20 new maps, 10 new weapons, 4 sprawling 'Movies'.
- Match making, stats, ranking, and awards system drive collaborative play.
- Designer's Commentary mode allows gamers to go 'behind the scenes' of the game.
- Powered by Source and Steam
Game of the Year Edition includes:
- The original game
- The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack - containing the new Survival mode and two additional Versus campaigns
- Game Variation:
Actual product received could be slightly different than what picture shows. To clarify the main photo may show the standard edition but you could actually receive the Greatest Hits, Platinum or a store specific version e.g. Walmart exclusive or Best Buy exclusive.
Certain publishers have opted not to include physical manuals. If you do not find a manual please visit the publishers website for a digital version.