Left 4 Dead 2 is the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-op multiplayer smash from Valve, creators of the Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike game properties. With multiple multiplayer options both on and offline, extensive AI custom functionality, four character options, new melee weapons and more, Left 4 Dead 2 promises to become one of 2009's best games on the Xbox 360 platform and set a new benchmark for co-op centric action games.
Left 4 Dead 2 is set at roughly the same time as the original - just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into various zombie mutants. Players assume the role of four new 'Survivors', each with their own personality and new dialog. The game leads these 'Survivors' through the southeastern region of the US - from Savannah, Georgia through the bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans' French Quarter.
- Quality Co-op Gameplay - Left 4 Dead 2 features quality next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
- AI Director 2.0 - Advanced technology dubbed 'The AI Director' drives Left 4 Dead's unique gameplay - customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players' performance. Left 4 Dead 2 features 'AI Director 2.0', which expands the Director's ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
- New Melee Weapons - Put a whole slew of melee weapons including axes, chainsaws, frying pans and baseball bats to use which allow you to get up close with the zombies.
- Meet 'The Survivors' - The game features four different survivors, a new storyline and new dialog.
- More Game - On day one, Left 4 Dead 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the versus game modes than the original Left 4 Dead did, plus support for Survival Mode right out of the box.
- Xbox LIVE Co-op Support - Along with the usual achievement points, Xbox LIVE stats, rankings, and other support drives collaborative play.
- Internet Connection required for online features. Online multiplayer requires Xbox Live Gold subscription (sold separately).
Actual product received could be slightly different than what picture shows. To clarify the main photo may show the standard edition but you could actually receive the Greatest Hits, Platinum or a store specific version e.g. Walmart exclusive or Best Buy exclusive.
Certain publishers have opted not to include physical manuals. If you do not find a manual please visit the publishers website for a digital version.